Northwich Vets Corona Virus update
March 17, 2020
We are aware that the current coronavirus outbreak has affected many people and is a real concern.
At Northwich Vets, we will aim to provide you with the best care we can during these difficult times. We would ask for your help and patience and cooperation.
Please be sensible and follow the available guidelines. We believe that the authorities are the best placed to advise us.
- To help you we will be adjusting our services if needed in the coming weeks but currently are able to offer a full and normal service. If staff shortages occur through school closures or the need to self-isolate, we will follow advice to reduce the risks to our clients and staff, this may mean that we postpone some services.
- We would ask that you limit the number of people who attend to the minimum needed.
- We would ask that no one attends the clinic if they feel unwell, have symptoms of coronaviral infection, have been in contact with a person who is positive, or have travelled where coronavirus is endemic. Should you be in this category and are worried about your pet please call for advice and to discuss options.
- We will provide facilities to help you clean your hands. Gloves will be available. And our staff will maintain their hygiene whilst trying to keep the high-risk areas clean.
- Feel free to wait in your vehicle. Let us know you have arrived, and we can call you into a consult room to reduce mixing in the waiting areas.
- Prescriptions or food etc can be brought to your vehicle if required.
- Payments can be processed in the consult room or over the phone before you arrive for collections.
- If you feel vulnerable, we would ask that you arrange for a less vulnerable person to attend on your behalf.
- Telephone consultations can be arranged but please be aware that not all conditions can be catered for in this way. Please be aware that telephone consultations will incur a charge.
- We can on occasions post medicines please ask if this would help.
- Finally, please give us adequate time to process medicine and supply orders. Our stock and the stock at our wholesalers may be challenged.
It has always been and remains our plan that we will ‘treat your pets like our own.’ And we would ask for your help to allow us to do this to the best of our ability.
Patrick and the team.